Wednesday, September 24, 2014

April 20, 2015

It's Thursday afternoon and I home. I have some weird combination of headache, nausea and exhaustion. Took the kids to school and tried to work but I was going to be very ineffective and very unhappy, so I drove home. (Driving makes my nausea way worse...) I went to my bed and did not get up until about 2:30. I still feel horrible and that dry piece of toast I just ate - because a girl should not live in Tums alone - is really seeming like a bad idea.

So this is not exactly the physical and emotional space I hoped to be in when I got THIS news:


I haven't received the email yet but I saw from an FB link that they were sending the notices today so I took a shot. Racers need to run 1:02 faster than their gender/age group qualifying time to get in. So, I was actually in a really good place with about 4:50 to spare.

I should be calling everyone and shouting from the rooftops. I should be imagining the finish line. I should be reserving a hotel room.

But instead, I think I am going to go vomit. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. You must be sick because it is only Wednesday! Congratulations and feel better! ~Andrea O.

    ReplyDelete